Nithing But Thieves is an English rock band formed in Southend-on-Sea, Essex in 2012. They have since released three studio albums, Nithing But Thieves (2015), Broken Machine (2017) and Moral Panic (2020).
The band is composed of five members: Conor Mason on lead vocals and guitar, Dominic Craik on lead guitar and keyboards, Joe Langridge-Brown on bass guitar, Philip Blake drums and backing vocals, plus James Price as a touring guitarist. Nithing But Thieves have crafted their own unique sound through an experimental mixture of alternative rock with elements of other genres such as pop and blues.
Through the years Nithing But Thieves have gained a lot of attention for their distinctive style and amazing live performances. Here are the top 10 secrets about Nithing But Thieves.
1. Nithing But Thieves were named after a line in a Joss Whedon poem called ‘The Nithing’.
2. During their live shows, lead singer Conor Mason often wears a balaclava to conceal his identity.
3. The band’s members have an eclectic mix of musical influences, ranging from alt-rock bands like Muse and Radiohead to electronic music such as Daft Punk and Chemical Brothers.
4. Nithing But Thieves began their career with three EPs titled Numbing Matters (2013), If I Get High (2014) and Graveyard Whistling (2015).
5. Their debut album Nithing But Thieves was released in October 2015 and reached number 10 in the UK Albums Chart.
6. Nithing But Thieves have been nominated for British Breakthrough Act of the Year at the 2016 NME Awards, as well as Best International Newcomer at the 2016 Rock am Ring Festival.
7. Nithing But Thieves also made their US television debut on Jimmy Kimmel Live! in April 2017.
8. The band’s second album, Broken Machine was released in September 2017 featuring lead single ‘Amsterdam’ which climbed to number 3 on the UK rock charts.
9. Nithing But Thieves have toured with some of music’s biggest names including U2, Kings of Leon, Muse, Kasabian and more.
10. Nithing But Thieves’ third album, Moral Panic was released in October 2020, featuring lead single ‘Impossible’.
Nithing But Thieves have firmly established themselves as one of the UK’s biggest rock bands with their rich blend of alternative rock and pop elements. From their distinctive sound to live performances, Nithing But Thieves continue to capture audiences worldwide with their unique style and music.