Brad Paisley is one of the most successful country music artists of all time. He has released eleven studio albums, three compilation albums, one live album, and one extended play. Paisley has also charted forty-six singles on the US Billboard Country Airplay chart, nineteen of which have reached the number one position.
1. He started playing guitar at the age of nine.
He was given his first guitar by his grandfather, who taught him how to play.
2. His first guitar was a Sears Silvertone.
Paisley has said that he still has the guitar and it is one of his most prized possessions.
3. He wrote his first song when he was twelve years old.
The song was called “Born on Christmas Day” and was about Santa Claus coming to Paisley’s house on Christmas Eve.
4. He released his debut album in 1999.
The album, Who Needs Pictures, was a critical and commercial success, spawning the hit singles “He Didn’t Have to Be” and “Me Neither”.
5. He has won three Grammy Awards.
Paisley’s first Grammy came in 2006 for Best Male Country Vocal Performance for the song “Let Me Down Easy”. He won his second Grammy in 2007 for Best Country Instrumental Performance for “Cliffs of Dover”. His third Grammy came in 2010 for Best Country Collaboration with Vocals for “Hillbilly Bone”, a duet with Trace Adkins.
6. He is a member of the Grand Ole Opry.
Paisley was inducted into the prestigious country music institution in 2001.
7. He has his own line of guitars with Fender.
The Brad Paisley Road Worn signature series includes four different models of Stratocaster, Telecaster, and Jaguar guitars.
8. He is an accomplished actor.
In addition to appearing in his own music videos, Paisley has also appeared in episodes of the TV shows King of the Hill and Nashville. He also had a role in the 2019 film Vice.
9. He is a passionate philanthropist.
Paisley has supported a number of charitable causes over the years, including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital and The Make-A-Wish Foundation.
10. He is married to country singer Kimberly Williams-Paisley.
The couple have been married since 2003 and have two sons together.